Assistance for those affected by the sexual misconduct of a priest, deacon, or other minister, employee, or volunteer for the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of St. Nicholas in Chicago.
We will help you obtain support by providing…
• Referral to our Victim Assistance Program
• Assistance in seeking counseling through individual therapy and/or support
• Spiritual and emotional counseling
• Assistnace for healing within your family and for those who care about you
• Promotion of spiritual and emotional healing for the parish family
Ministry-related sexual misconduct refers to three related forms of misconduct:
• Sexual abuse — sexual conduct between a church leader and a minor or vulnerable adult.
• Sexual exploitation — sexual contact between a church leader and a person who is receiving pastor care from the church leader.
• Sexual harassment — unwanted sexual conduct or language between co-workers in the church work setting.
|We want to listen to your story. We want to adress the hurt that may have occurred when pastoral care was excercised improperly. We encourage you to share your story. We recognize that bringing a misconduct complaint to the Eparchy can be a frightening consideration. We want to help you in this process. We will proceed at the pace you set, respecting your need to determine when how and where you wish to speak. We are very sorry for the pain you have experienced.|
How to report an Allegation:
Director of Victim Assistance Ministry
Call the Chancery at:
Ask to speak to the Chancellor
Write to the Eparchy of St. Nicholas in Chicago
2245 West Rice Street
Chicago, IL 60622-4858
Address your letter to:
Bishop Benedict (Aleksiychuk)
and mark it “Personal and Confidential”